Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Missed connection

Carl77
Explorer C

The Southwest flight arrived 2 hours late. Missed the connection obviously. I am now sitting in an airport for 18 hours. What obligations does Southwest have? All I have right now is a ticket for the next flight.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Missed connection

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

If the delay, and thus the missed flight, was due to weather, SW's obligations are to give you a chance to rebook to a flight that better suit you. 

You might get a coupon that would give you a dicounted hotel rate, but you have to ask for it.

SW handles these things the same way every other airline does, it does not accept responsibility for things that are out of it;s control. -- sorry

Carl77
Explorer C

Sorry for the delay, I had to drive back.  The weather wasn't the problem.  It was SW inability to unload, clean and load the aircraft in a timely manner.  Those 3 tasks were almost the entirety of the 2 hour delay in missing the scheduled time and connecting flight.

dfwskier
Aviator A

and exactly bow have you determned that " It was SW inability to unload, clean and load the aircraft in a timely manner. " that was the problem

Carl77
Explorer C

I watched it.