Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Multi-Destination booking online

praetorian75
Explorer C

Hi Explorer C,

I'm in the same boat you were in, and it seems that people online here and elsewhere just aren't understanding our needs.

I'm flying from PNS > DEN. I'm then driving to Colorado Springs from Denver (because SWA doesn't fly into Colorado Springs on the days I need it to).

Then, I'm flying from COS > PNS.

These are two separate flights, one from PNS > DEN and one from COS > PNS. Two different dates completely, with no air travel between DEN & COS.

I cannot book these flights online with a single confirmation number. I have to call customer service to do this.

do not have to involve customer service to do this on almost any other airline I've flown.

THAT is the problem we're trying to solve.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest does not currently have the  apability to do what you want to do.

You'll need 2 one way reservations.

Unlike some other airlines, Southwest does not charge more for one ways.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@praetorian75 wrote:

Hi Explorer C,

I'm in the same boat you were in, and it seems that people online here and elsewhere just aren't understanding our needs.

I'm flying from PNS > DEN. I'm then driving to Colorado Springs from Denver (because SWA doesn't fly into Colorado Springs on the days I need it to).

Then, I'm flying from COS > PNS.

These are two separate flights, one from PNS > DEN and one from COS > PNS. Two different dates completely, with no air travel between DEN & COS.

I cannot book these flights online with a single confirmation number. I have to call customer service to do this.

do not have to involve customer service to do this on almost any other airline I've flown.

THAT is the problem we're trying to solve.

I would book these as one-way flights anyway - there are many advantages on Southwest to do so - in this case mainly flexibility about making changes to the remaining part of the itinerary while you will have already closed out the first part.

Southwest doesn't offer pricing that is lower based on round trip flights so really the only advantage to booking round trip is the confirmation number being the same and the advantages are many with being able to change and/or cancel your second leg online without needing to call.

So for the same reason you don't want to call customer service to set it up, you may be freed from calling customer service later if you don't combine them but end up needing to make a change that you have to call in for.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

it's hard