Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Partner Airlines

Dloera
Explorer C

Hi ~ new to the SWFamily and curious; how do we non rev on partner airlines and how do we find out their policy on doing so, i.e. do we have to make reservations, etc.?  Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Partner Airlines

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Dloera wrote:

Hi ~ new to the SWFamily and curious; how do we non rev on partner airlines and how do we find out their policy on doing so, i.e. do we have to make reservations, etc.?  Thank you in advance.

Hello!

Welcome to the Southwest Family!

20230415_094809.jpg

Southwest does not partner with any other air carrier. Southwest flights are directly Southwest-operated. Thus, when you book with Southwest, you'll be on a Southwest flight served by a Southwest flight crew for every leg of your flight journey. No outside folks!

Reservations should be done directly via Southwest as Southwest flights/fares cannot be found or booked via a third-party search portal.

Here's a few other key elements that make Southwest different:

https://www.southwest.com/flying-with-southwest

This is a customer-to-customer forum so if you have any general questions of how to fly with Southwest, post them here and one of us customers will respond back. Questions specific to your Southwest flight reservations should be directed directly to Southwest Customer Service.

Welcome to the family! 😊

bec102896
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 

I think they might be a new hire and trying to figure out how they can get on flights with other airlines which is probably something they would need to ask to their supervisor or other co hearts since we won’t know how to do that stuff as customers. 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@bec102896 wrote:

@SoCalFlyer97 

I think they might be a new hire and trying to figure out how they can get on flights with other airlines which is probably something they would need to ask to their supervisor or other co hearts since we won’t know how to do that stuff as customers. 

Good point 🙂

That makes better sense.