Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Photocopy of step daughter’s birth certificate to accompany me in picking up my UM

Smiles4891
Explorer C

Good morning!  My 9 year old stepdaughter will be accompanying me to pickup my daughter from her UM flight and I have a photocopy of her birth certificate, my military orders listing her name and birthdate and relationship to me as “child”, the official certificate of my marriage to her dad (his name/bday match the name/bday as her father on the photocopied birth certificate).

My question is:  will the photo copy birth certificate be acceptable for her ID?  I know for the infant boarding passes, the southwest website says photocopies are acceptable, but I can’t find clear guidance on my unique question.   I’ll have my other two bio children with me (and their original birth certificates), but I want to make sure we don’t have any issues checking in and getting our lanyards.

Thanks!  

1 REPLY 1

Re: Photocopy of step daughter’s birth certificate to accompany me in picking up my UM

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Smiles4891 wrote:

Good morning!  My 9 year old stepdaughter will be accompanying me to pickup my daughter from her UM flight and I have a photocopy of her birth certificate, my military orders listing her name and birthdate and relationship to me as “child”, the official certificate of my marriage to her dad (his name/bday match the name/bday as her father on the photocopied birth certificate).

My question is:  will the photo copy birth certificate be acceptable for her ID?  I know for the infant boarding passes, the southwest website says photocopies are acceptable, but I can’t find clear guidance on my unique question.   I’ll have my other two bio children with me (and their original birth certificates), but I want to make sure we don’t have any issues checking in and getting our lanyards.

Thanks!  

I don't think there is an ID requirement for 9 y/olds, so it's more a case of having some things in your back pocket just in case there are questions. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.