Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question I haven’t flown in forever

ernen
Explorer C

Is there anything to print out and take to the airport? I feel naked. I bought my tickets. I got early bird check in. Do I just arrive and go to the counter line with nothing in hand but my passport?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Question I haven’t flown in forever

dfwskier
Aviator A

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@ernen wrote:

Is there anything to print out and take to the airport? I feel naked. I bought my tickets. I got early bird check in. Do I just arrive and go to the counter line with nothing in hand but my passport?

Hello-

You should be all set for now. Make sure to save your confirmation number or your Rapid Rewards login credentials in a safe place. 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure, you'll be able to retrieve your boarding pass from the SW App or SW Website either by logging into your Rapid Rewards account or verifying your confirmation number with the name of the traveler. You can either save the digital version of the boarding pass to your phone, save it to your digital wallet on your phone, or print a copy to bring to the airport. You can also retrieve a print copy of your boarding pass at any SW Kiosk at the check-in counter on travel day with your confirmation number.

I assume you're holding a US Passport which is a valid form of ID and also Real ID compliant which you'll use to go through the TSA checkpoint or if you need to manage the flight at the airport with a rep.  

Since you bought Early Bird Check In, your boarding position will be automatically assigned 36 hours prior to departure which will be shown on your boarding pass when you retrieve it.

Keep a watch for the follow up emails from Southwest. On the morning prior to the day of your flight, you should receive an important email with the subject "What You'll Need for your (Destination City) Trip". This will give you instructions on what to expect when you arrive at the airport as well as additional instructions of how to retrieve your boarding pass.

Hope this helps!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Printing tickets is a thing of the past! I don't even think there is an option to print tickets anymore when you check in online; you just go to the airport with your form of identification. If you are checking bags, go to the counter. If you *want* a physical pass at that time, they can give you one. If you already have it on your phone (via the Southwest app or southwest.com, and you can also add the boarding pass to your phone's "wallet"), you don't need a physical copy. 

--Jessica