Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question on travel funds credit

jswolgaard
Explorer C

If I have unused travel funds totaling $375 and book a flight for $175, can I used the remaing $200 travel funds credit for another flight as long as it is booked by the expiration date?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Question on travel funds credit

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Yes & no. Yes, you can use the credit towards another flight. Actually, you can used travel funds towards as many flights as you'd like, until the funds are depleted. But, all travel you book must be completed by the expiration date, not just reserved.

Keep in mind that when you book the new flights, those flights will take on the expiration date of the travel funds you apply. Meaning that, if you need to cancel the new flight(s), all the funds (including any new money you added) will expire the same date as the travel funds.

jkmurtagh
Explorer C

I seem to still be unable to use my balance of funds for a new flight, it will only let me enter the 5 digit confirmation without the new numbers after the dash( given when I used partial funds).

Do I have to call to use these funds?

franktravel
Aviator B

When you purshase a ticket and asked to "Add Funds" you have three options.  Which ones are you trying to use? 

Travel Funds

Southwest Luv Voucher

Southwest Gift Card

Check funds here:  https://tinyurl.com/2dau8cz