Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple-Flight Credits

acwalker550
Explorer C

If I use multiple flight credits on a ticket and then have to cancel, will I get a new flight credit, or will the flight credits be back under their original numbers?  Also, is there a way to combine multiple flight credits under the same person?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple-Flight Credits

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@acwalker550 wrote:

If I use multiple flight credits on a ticket and then have to cancel, will I get a new flight credit, or will the flight credits be back under their original numbers?  Also, is there a way to combine multiple flight credits under the same person?

Hello-

Not 100% sure of the first question as I've never had to use more than one flight credit number per booking and didn't see this defined under their Flight Credit policy.

Regarding the ability to combine multiple flight credit numbers that you own under the "My Travel Funds" area, again...didn't see anything defined but I think that it's possible that Southwest can combine them should they be of the same "type" (i.e.: Whether they can be transferred to another person or not). Again, never had this happen to me and I don't think this can be combined via the website's or phone app.

It might be worth it to give Southwest a call or DM to Twitter to see if a CSA can assist you with this and answer your questions.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Whenever you cancel a flight you get one travel credit regardless of how many travel credits used to buy the ticket.

You are allowed to use up to 3 methods of payment when buying a ticket, thus you can use up to 3 travel credits.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Whenever you cancel a flight you get one travel credit regardless of how many travel credits used to buy the ticket.

You are allowed to use up to 3 methods of payment when buying a ticket, thus you can use up to 3 travel credits.

This is the "loophole" in order to self-service of combining travel credits so that you can use more than three. 

I say loophole, there's nothing really against doing this and it will save Southwest hassle of people calling about trying to use four travel credits. 

They don't want you buying tickets you don't plan to use of course but if you can do it further out in the schedule and then cancel it fairly quickly so it doesn't sit around looking like a real flight it is probably fine and saves everyone effort in the end.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.