Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Transfering a credit -Special circumstance

Terps25
Explorer C

Inquiring about transferring a credit for a reservation that had to be canceled because traveler is ill. Unfortunately, he will never be able to use the credit. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Transfering a credit -Special circumstance

bballflyer
Adventurer C
Solution

Do you know what type of fare it was?  If it was an I wanna get away plus or higher the credit can be transferred to another rapid reward member at no charge;  If it is an I wanna get away, the easiest way to transfer it is to purchase an I wanna get away plus fare for the same amount using the credit, the cancel the reservation now making it a transferrable credit.

Re: Transfering a credit -Special circumstance

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bballflyer wrote:

Do you know what type of fare it was?  If it was an I wanna get away plus or higher the credit can be transferred to another rapid reward member at no charge;  If it is an I wanna get away, the easiest way to transfer it is to purchase an I wanna get away plus fare for the same amount using the credit, the cancel the reservation now making it a transferrable credit.

If for whatever reason this doesn't work or leaves too much on the table I would suggest to write-in with the description of the situation but hopefully using the WGA+ workaround will solve the issue as a self-service action. It might be granted only for the most exceptional situations.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.