Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds

kinziecorley
Explorer C

I would like to know all possible ways I can get around this so I can solve this issue, I know i cannot directly transfer funds under my name to someone else, but I need to get some of the credit/book a flight for someone whose money was put under my name in travel funds. I do not want to just pay them off in cash because I didn't have the money in the first place and don't have it now.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@kinziecorley wrote:

I would like to know all possible ways I can get around this so I can solve this issue, I know i cannot directly transfer funds under my name to someone else, but I need to get some of the credit/book a flight for someone whose money was put under my name in travel funds. I do not want to just pay them off in cash because I didn't have the money in the first place and don't have it now.

Your post is a bit unclear, but making some guesses here:

Assuming the expiration date of the funds is September 7, 2022 (from a flight cancellation made during the now-closed extension accommodation period), you can convert your portion of the travel funds into Rapid Rewards points, and then use those points to book a flight for anyone.

More info here.

Option to convert select travel funds into Rapid Rewards® points.

We have also added a new benefit for our valued Rapid Rewards Members. Through December 15, 2020, those Members who have qualified travel funds that are set to expire September 7, 2022 can convert those funds into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. To qualify, your travel fund a) must expire September 7, 2022, b) name must match the name on your Rapid Rewards® account, and c) must have originated from a ticket purchased on Southwest.com®, booked by a Southwest Airlines® Customer Representative, or approved by your employer. You must request to convert your travel fund by December 15, 2020. Conversion is non-reversible. When travel funds are converted to Rapid Rewards points, these points will not count toward earning tier status nor earning Companion Pass. Rapid Rewards points cannot be used to pay taxes or fees.

Since Rapid Rewards points never expire, you can use your new points whenever you want. Check if you have qualified travel funds soon—you can only convert your qualified travel funds through December 15, 2020.