Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling as a group with family members - TSA Precheck

chambee33
Explorer C

We are traveling as a group under the same reservation and have 4 adults and two children under 13.  My wife and I have TSA precheck, my son and daughter in law do not, nor do their children.  Will Southwest issue boarding passes with Precheck for all traveling together?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Traveling as a group with family members - TSA Precheck

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I believe the answer is that the two children would get pre, but the other two adults would not.

@chambee33 wrote:

We are traveling as a group under the same reservation and have 4 adults and two children under 13.  My wife and I have TSA precheck, my son and daughter in law do not, nor do their children.  Will Southwest issue boarding passes with Precheck for all traveling together?

Re: Traveling as a group with family members - TSA Precheck

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@chambee33 wrote:

No, each person has to be vetted with their own PreCheck interview, etc. Even kids of PreCheck members don't get it printed on their pass, although they can use the line if they are 12 or under.

You may be able to bring the kids through with you but they are intended to go through with a parent or guardian which could be considered to be the grandparents. However if they ask where the parents are and the kids point over to the regular line they may have to join mom and dad there.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.