Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wallet left on plane last week BUT ..... i know where it is !

avee8r
Explorer C

Somehow, last Monday,  my wallet fell out of my jacket on a flight between LAX and Oakland. I realized it had gone as I stepped off the plane and was at the gate but by then it was too late to go back onto the plane.  The gate attendant tried to look, but the flight was boarding with lots of new passengers going to San Diego and was chaotic.

But my wallet has an Apple Air Tag on it, and I know where it is - It flew to San Diego and then to Chicago - Right now, it's at gate 18 or 20 at Concourse B in Chicago Midway and has been in the same place for 3 days.  

I updated the lost and found ticket but no ones seems to read those or respond.

I know exactly where it is, but I don't know its situation - could be under a pile of papers, or on the floor somewhere etc

Im not sure how to tell Southwest this more proactively other than just update the lost and found report I filed.

Any ideas ?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Wallet left on plane last week BUT ..... i know where it is !

larryschwartz
Explorer C

I would call customer service and see if they can get you in contact with the SWA desk at the airport, or try to get a phone number for someone at the airport for SWA.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You can also try DMing the team on social media. Very responsive.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

avee8r
Explorer C

Thats a good idea - I sent them a msg on Twitter and they got back to me in 10mins. Thanks for the idea !  Hopefully they find it now !

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@avee8r wrote:

Thats a good idea - I sent them a msg on Twitter and they got back to me in 10mins. Thanks for the idea !  Hopefully they find it now !

Is it still reporting from the same place? I was hoping you'd have it back by now.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@avee8r wrote:

Somehow, last Monday,  my wallet fell out of my jacket on a flight between LAX and Oakland. I realized it had gone as I stepped off the plane and was at the gate but by then it was too late to go back onto the plane.  The gate attendant tried to look, but the flight was boarding with lots of new passengers going to San Diego and was chaotic.

But my wallet has an Apple Air Tag on it, and I know where it is - It flew to San Diego and then to Chicago - Right now, it's at gate 18 or 20 at Concourse B in Chicago Midway and has been in the same place for 3 days.  

I updated the lost and found ticket but no ones seems to read those or respond.

I know exactly where it is, but I don't know its situation - could be under a pile of papers, or on the floor somewhere etc

Im not sure how to tell Southwest this more proactively other than just update the lost and found report I filed.

Any ideas ?

I don't think it can be on the floor there, there is a comprehensive cleaning effort every night. 

It's either at the counter until it gets moved to the baggage services or else fallen behind something, in a garbage can, or some other hidden nook. But here is the airport lost and found info in case you want to have them take a look:

Lost and Found | Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) (flychicago.com)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

floridaguy
Aviator C

why not report to law enforcement in that area?