Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wanna Get Away Cancellation

namvien
Explorer C

Hi,

I booked a Wanna Get Away flight for myself through Chase Travel Portal. What happens when I cancel the flight? Will I receive a refund to my credit card that I used to pay for the ticket through Chase Travel or will I receive the flight credit on my Southwest account? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wanna Get Away Cancellation

05bardic
Adventurer C

WGA fares are not refundable to the original payment method, so you would receive a flight credit. As long as you entered your rapid rewards number when booking with the third-party (in this case, Chase Travel), it should show up in your SW account immediately after you cancel the flight. 

namvien
Explorer C

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I didn't enter my rapid rewards number when I purchased the ticket through Chase Travel at the time. 

I already canceled the flight. Upon checking, my Southwest account, I noticed my Available Credits are $0.00 still on Southwest's website.

Also, I didn't see where you can enter the Rapid rewards number when you purchase the ticket through the Chase Travel portal. Can you point it out for me, please?

Thank you!

namvien
Explorer C

Ok, I saw where we can enter the Rapid Rewards number if we purchase tickets through Chase Travel, but I didn't enter this number when booking that flight. 

What will happen? Will I still receive my flight credit or a refund to the CSP?

Thanks!