Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

gate check stroller to meet baby

hollyweisner
Explorer C

I will be traveling alone and my daughter and her 13 month old will be picking me up. The stroller is with me. Can I gate check the stroller, as well as check two bags, or do I need to check the stroller with the bags since the baby will not be with me until they pick me up?

1 REPLY 1

Re: gate check stroller to meet baby

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@hollyweisner wrote:

I will be traveling alone and my daughter and her 13 month old will be picking me up. The stroller is with me. Can I gate check the stroller, as well as check two bags, or do I need to check the stroller with the bags since the baby will not be with me until they pick me up?

The extra item of baby gear applies no matter whether it is gate checked, ticket counter, or curbside.

Gate check is for your convenience to have use of the item in the airport getting to the origin gate and from the destination gate out to the street.

If I'm understanding that your daughter and baby will pick you up at the street or baggage claim - no reason to gate check, you can get that baby gear checked at the curbside or ticket counter, no reason to drag it through the airport.

For a case where the daughter and baby will meet you at the gate maybe from another flight and you want the stroller at your destination gate then you'd have to gate check.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.