Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Rates

tulls422
Explorer C

Does anyone know why Early Bird rates vary? I fly to Buffalo from Tampa frequently and Early Bird is always $25 per flight. I just booked a work trip, going to Philly from Tampa, each way Early Bird is only $20 (also flights were way cheaper than flights to Buffalo)...just wondering why Early Bird would be cheaper to and from Philly. I'm sure there's some sort of "logical" (note the sarcasm) explanation for the difference in rate...

1 REPLY 1

Re: Early Bird Rates

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C
Solution

@tulls422 wrote:

Does anyone know why Early Bird rates vary? I fly to Buffalo from Tampa frequently and Early Bird is always $25 per flight. I just booked a work trip, going to Philly from Tampa, each way Early Bird is only $20 (also flights were way cheaper than flights to Buffalo)...just wondering why Early Bird would be cheaper to and from Philly. I'm sure there's some sort of "logical" (note the sarcasm) explanation for the difference in rate...

Greetings:

EarlyBird Check-In pricing actually starts at $15 one-way. Pricing varies because of differing popularity and lengths of flights.

https://www.southwest.com/early-bird/