Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My name has spaces, I cannot use my flight credit

angel_pilot
Explorer C

Hi, my first name has spaces in it.Screenshot 2024-02-01 103042.png
The only way that I can resolve this is by calling southwest. This means that I am on hold to book a ticket almost every time and this is frustrating.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in the reservation system??

PS. All of my family members have 2 words separated by a space in their first name.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: My name has spaces, I cannot use my flight credit

dfwskier
Aviator A

What happens if you put the first part of your first name as your first name, and the second part of your first name as your middle name?

What name was shown on the reservation that resulted in the ctedit?

angel_pilot
Explorer C

There is no box for middle name in the flight credits section. I attached an image of all the input boxes above. I also tried removing spaces, not using the second part of my first name. Nothing helped here

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You probably did this already but did you try using one or the other of your first names with the last name but not both?

Also review your email from Southwest when you earned the flight credit to see how they broke the naming out in the notice.

Rapid Rewards and other website functions work normally for you, it's only the travel credit interface that isn't processing?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

angel_pilot
Explorer C

Yeah. It is just the travel credits interface. I tried just using the one of my first names and that does not help 😞