Southwest Airlines “Share for a Share” sweepstakes rewards you for sharing the LUV with your friends.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Enter yourself in the contest. As the total number of “Likes” on our Southwest Airlines Facebook page increases, so does the number of Rapid Rewards Points you could win!
Step 2: Tell your friends to enter the “Share for a Share” sweepstakes. The more friends you get to enter the sweepstakes, the more entries you personally get! They will need to be Rapid Rewards Account holders to enter but getting them to sign up shouldn’t be difficult now that there are no blackout dates, unlimited reward seats, and the points never expire!
June 30 marks the end of the contest. The total number of Rapid Rewards Points (equal to our current number of Facebook fans) will then be divided among 10 contest participants. The prize pool started at 1.4 million points (our starting Facebook fan base) and the number will grow throughout the promotion, along with our Facebook audience, up to 2.5 million points. That’s right. That comes out to a possible 250,000 Rapid Rewards points that could be yours for the taking!
For more contest details and to enter without purchase, visit the Rapid Rewards tab on Facebook. Once you are a fan of Southwest Airlines Facebook page, you must complete the entry form and provide your Rapid Rewards account number. You will need a Rapid Rewards Account to enter this Promotion. Rapid Rewards Accounts are free and can be obtained by clicking here.
... View more
Southwest is gearing up for its 40 th Birthday, and we want our Customers to join in on the FUN! So starting today, and continuing through June 3, Customers can participate in our 1971 photo contest to become one of four lucky winners to receive a trip for each winner and a guest to come to Dallas and help celebrate Southwest’s 40 th Birthday! Not only will these four winners receive 2 roundtrip tickets to Dallas, they will also receive a two-night stay at a deluxe hotel, 2 tickets to an exclusive Southwest event, two tickets to the official 40 th Anniversary Party in Dallas, and a $1,000 Chase Visa Gift Card®!
So what do you have to do to get a chance to be one of these four lucky winners?
Simply upload a retro-themed photo to Twitter, mention @SouthwestAir, and use the hashtag #1971. Make sure the photo screams “Southwest Airlines and 1971”! Before submitting your entry, make sure you have read over and agree to the Official Rules—we wouldn’t want anyone to miss out because of the fine print! So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start creating so you can join us for what’s sure to be a high-flying weekend!
Everything You Need to Know:
What: Participants must create a photo entry that addresses the theme “Southwest Airlines and 1971” in which they visually depict Southwest Airlines in its first year of service. Photos can be real vintage Southwest photos, photos created through Photoshop, recreations of the early ‘70s, etc. This is your chance to get creative!
When: The contest will take place from 2:00 p.m. June 1, 2011 to 10:00 p.m. June 3, 2011.
Where: Photos must be tweeted to @SouthwestAir on Twitter during the promotion timeframe using the #1971 hashtag.
How: A panel of judges from Southwest will pick the winning photos. But remember this is a contest of skill so chances of winning will depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria mentioned below.
-Creativity and Originality: 20%
-Southwest Appeal: 35%
-Appropriateness to Subject Matter: 20%
Why: The chance to win some great prizes and join in on Southwest’s 40 th Anniversary FUN!
“#1971” Photo Contest
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs June 1, 2011 from 2:00 p.m. CST - June 3, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. To enter without purchase or obligation, you must create your photo entry that best visually represents Southwest Airlines and 1971 and tweet the photo to @southwestair on Twitter during the promotion timeframe, using the #1971 hashtag. By submitting, you warrant your photo will not be sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory. It cannot promote drugs, alcohol, or firearms. It cannot contain trademarks, logos or copyrighted materials owned by others. It cannot depict the likeness of anyone without their permission. Entrants warrant that the photo is original. All entries become property of the sponsor and will not be returned. There is no limit on the number of entries per person, however, each entry must relate to a unique concept. Sponsor is under no obligation to post any entry. By submitting your photo, you are agreeing that you have read and agree to the Official Rules.”
Photo Entry: Participants may enter by submitting a photo addressing the theme "Southwest Airlines and 1971" in which they visually depict Southwest Airlines in its first year of service. Photos can be real photos of SWA at the time, created through photoshop, recreations of the time, etc. Photos must be tweeted into the Southwest Airlines twitter account (@SouthwestAir) and must include the hashtag #1971. By submitting a photo entry, you affirm and represent that you have permission from the content creator (if other than entrant) and all parties appearing in the photo to submit the photo as a contest entry, and that you hereby grant, transfer, and assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interests in and to the photo so that Sponsor has the right to use, not use, display, edit, and create derivative works from the entry in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party. Photo entries containing profanity, nudity, violence, or other content deemed inconsistent with the Southwest Airlines brand, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. There is no limit on the number of entries per person, however, each entry must relate to a unique concept. Duplicate or substantially similar entries, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified.
Noncompliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user's computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
2. Judging: On or about June 6, 2011, a panel of judges from Southwest Airlines will pick the winning photos. Entrants need not be present to win. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. This is a contest of skill. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the contest.
The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
Creativity and Originality: 20% Entertaining: 25% Southwest Appeal: 35% video should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude. Appropriateness to Subject Matter: 20%
3. Prizes: Four (4) Grand Prizes to consist of
Trip for winner and a guest to Dallas to celebrate Southwest Airlines 40 th Birthday: 2 roundtrip tickets on Southwest to Dallas Love Field from the winner’s nearest airport that Southwest flies from (Travel dates: 6/16 departure and 6/18 return flight) 2 night stay (6/16 and 6/17) at a deluxe hotel (double occupancy) 2 tickets to 6/16 exclusive cocktail reception 2 tickets to the Dallas 40 th Anniversary Party at Southwest Airlines Headquarters $1000 Chase Visa Gift Card®
The winning photos may be featured on the Southwest Airlines Facebook Fan page and the Nuts About Southwest blog.
Value of Grand Prizes is approximately $9,950. Grand Prizes will be assigned to the four Grand Prize winners at Sponsor’s discretion. No Substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prize permitted. User must be able to travel on dates listed.
4. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents of the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia, 21 years and older as of June 1, 2011. Employees of Southwest Airlines’ advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Photos that are offensive, vulgar, or attack any individual will be automatically disqualified. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
By participating, you agree that the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for any liability resulting from any injury, loss, or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or participation in this contest. By entering, you agree that Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, may use your name, hometown, likeness and/or voice, and the photo(s) you submitted as an entry for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without limitation and without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By entering, you agree that Sponsor shall have all rights to copy, edit, broadcast, publish, and use your photo(s), in whole or in part, in any manner and without further compensation, both during and after the contest, unless prohibited by law.
5. To Claim Prize: Winners only will be notified by Southwest Airlines, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within three (3) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize winner's guests, or if minor, their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases prior to the issuance of travel documents. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participants ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winner's List: To request a Winner's Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after June 20, to Southwest Airlines Social Media Team. All requests must be received by July 20, 2011. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX. 75235-1611
... View more
Southwest Airlines held a Tweetup on May 22 to celebrate our new service to Panama City Beach. The Panama City Beach opening weekend is just about enough to make me want to set up residence here! I have been in heaven with my flip flops in hand and toes in the sand. Saturday night, we upped the ante when we threw a laid back, beach bar-honky-tonk into the mix. Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge hosted the @SouthwestAir tweetup to introduce Southwest Airlines to Panama City. Followers were invited out via Twitter and the first 100 folks to whisper “Seaturtle” raised a glass to celebrate Southwest Airlines and the new Panama City Beach International Airport. Folks were tweeting, toes were a-tapping and several walked away with Southwest tickets! The Steve Collier Band kept the crowd lively and shared some Southwest LUV, even bringing our very own Steve Heaser on stage for a duet. Panama City Beach could not be treating us any better and I look forward to hitching a Southwest ride back here soon!
... View more