Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Able to check myself in but not my wife on our return flight from Jamaica

Believeland
Explorer C

Anyone have any suggestions? Checked in at 24 hour mark before our flight and I am able to check myself in, but my wife’s check in status says to see a ticketing agent. We tried customer service but she didn’t know what the issue could be, confirmed all of my wife’s info and passport info, but still no luck. We had no issues flying to Jamaica, so I am unsure what might have changed that’s causing this issue. It isn’t a big deal, we will get to the airport early, just wondering what could have happened. Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Able to check myself in but not my wife on our return flight from Jamaica

dfwskier
Aviator A

The first thing I would do is pretend I'm booking a seat on your flight, and see what happens. If it says unavailable, then it is likely overbooked.

The next thing I would do is use the chat cell function to actually have a dialog with someone.

Hope it works out for you.

Believeland
Explorer C

Thanks for the response. Hoping that’s not the case but can’t rule it out… We did speak on the phone to a customer service rep for about 30 minutes who wasn’t able to figure it out either. Is there another way to contact them that you’re referring to?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Did you check the flight to see if you could book it?

If you have the SW app on your phone, the app includes a chat function that works pretty well.

Twitter in DM mode also works well for dialogues.

Believeland
Explorer C

Yes I did check and I’m still able to book the same flight. I’ll try the chat features you mentioned

floridaguy
Aviator C

Power down and restart your phone.  Then try.

Believeland
Explorer C

No luck, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though

Believeland
Explorer C

According to chat, her info was flagged randomly to be checked by a ticketing agent so guess that’s my answer. Oh well! Thanks for the help

floridaguy
Aviator C

Coming back from Jamaica, the only thing that they are really interested to know is whether you spent US dollars there, or not.  

Pour another drink...