Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Best gate agent

Melisaswim
Explorer C

My family was flying out of Chicago Midway on Friday June 28th. Our flight to Dallas was delayed a little but it meant we would miss our connection. Margie (I wish I knew her last name) called us up to the desk where she had already found us another flight. She also saw we were flying with a small child and directed us to the kids play area and where we might be able to find a little quiet space along with meal vouchers. We had experienced a similar delay a few weeks ago with another airline and the difference was night and day. 
If we could give Margie an award we would. She made our hours in the airport so much better and she did it with kindness and a smile.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Best gate agent

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C
Solution

@Melisaswim wrote:

My family was flying out of Chicago Midway on Friday June 28th. Our flight to Dallas was delayed a little but it meant we would miss our connection. Margie (I wish I knew her last name) called us up to the desk where she had already found us another flight. She also saw we were flying with a small child and directed us to the kids play area and where we might be able to find a little quiet space along with meal vouchers. We had experienced a similar delay a few weeks ago with another airline and the difference was night and day. 
If we could give Margie an award we would. She made our hours in the airport so much better and she did it with kindness and a smile.

Thanks for sharing! Great to hear SW agents being proactive and accommodating in these cases! 😊

Would you do Margie kind return favor. As this message board is customer-to-customer, would you forward your compliment directly to SW Customer Service:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

or you can share your story on any of Southwest's Social Media channels such as Facebook or Twitter/X. That will help assure your praise gets processed and sent to the appropriate department. 

Great to hear she was able to re-accommodate you for both your connection and the layover.