Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding upgradeing

Sasgirl
Explorer C

This might be a weird question. If I want to upgrade my boarding position would the credit card I used for purchasing the tickets be used or would I be able to enter a new one?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding upgradeing

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

They will accept payment from any card SWA accepts.

If you're not using a Rapid Rewards CC you will not realize any "credits" back on your card or Rapid rewards account.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@parpitt1 wrote:

They will accept payment from any card SWA accepts.

If you're not using a Rapid Rewards CC you will not realize any "credits" back on your card or Rapid rewards account.

When you do it in the app I'm not sure if you get a chance to change cards. In person should be flexible.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Sasgirl wrote:

This might be a weird question. If I want to upgrade my boarding position would the credit card I used for purchasing the tickets be used or would I be able to enter a new one?

I'm a frequent buyer of Upgraded Boarding and have the option to use a different credit card to purchase it when I purchase after checking in via the Southwest website. I assume the same applies when checking in and purchasing via the App. Note that there is no option to buy this option with Rapid Rewards points, LUV Vouchers, Flight Credits or Southwest Gift Card.