Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing Boarding Pass Position - Take 2

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

It turns out this just happened to us today @PettyIntrigues - wife and daughter checked in and saw A-numbers and then when they downloaded the pass it was a low B-number.

Documented!

Not sure what to do next, this sounds like a software issue. I'll have her see if any people end up with those numbers.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changing Boarding Pass Position - Take 2

floridaguy
Aviator C

I'd recommend asking for a LUV voucher.  The software team needs to work after hours and over the weekend to clean up someone's untested software mess.

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

Ack! Sorry to hear that but I feel a little less crazy/unperceptive. FWIW both of my legs yesterday stayed A16, so maybe this is just a random gremlin. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though, people pay for those higher boarding numbers one way or the other.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@PettyIntrigues wrote:

Ack! Sorry to hear that but I feel a little less crazy/unperceptive. FWIW both of my legs yesterday stayed A16, so maybe this is just a random gremlin. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though, people pay for those higher boarding numbers one way or the other.

If those spots remain empty then no problem, or if the "real" assignments are as issued on the boarding passes and there is some issue with the display then that's also fine.

Backfilling them if they were meant to go to the first person would be bad though.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.