Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cuba Connection Ft Lauderdale

afrank56
Explorer C

I have a reservation departing Dallas for Havana connecting through Ft Lauderdale. The layover is 45 minutes. Does that give me enough time to get to the gate and submit the paperwork needed for travel to Cuba?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cuba Connection Ft Lauderdale

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@afrank56 wrote:

I have a reservation departing Dallas for Havana connecting through Ft Lauderdale. The layover is 45 minutes. Does that give me enough time to get to the gate and submit the paperwork needed for travel to Cuba?

Yes, you'll be showing your passport at the gate in FLL but I don't think you have much else to do?

Someone else can chime in if there is anything specific for Havana that you'd have to do in FLL.

So if everything is on-time you should make the flight although boarding may have started.

You won't be running too early though - might be worth trying to standby on an earlier DAL-FLL flight if possible, just for comfort or to allow for any minor delays.

You can also check if there is another FLL-HAV flight after yours then that would be your backup in the event of a delay from DAL.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.