Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does changing flight for price drop affect boarding assignment?

05bardic
Explorer B

I just changed an Anytime Fare flight to take advantage of a price drop, and a question occurred to me.  Since the 36-hour boarding assignments (excluding A-list passengers) are made in order of Anytime fares in the order they were purchased, followed by EBCI in the order they were purchased, does changing an Anytime Fare flight to take advantage of a price drop lower your position in line for boarding assignment by changing the time stamp of your purchase? Or does the initial date of purchase stand since you're not changing the flight to a different location/date/time?

I don't have a problem, just curious if anyone knows since the thought popped into my head.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Does changing flight for price drop affect boarding assignment?

Munsingerjc
Adventurer C
Solution

Hey there!! I had this same question a couple months ago haha! I didn't actually ask but now I know lol. So because you are basically re-booking your trip, the automation "algorithm" if you will, sees it as a flight swap which will reset your spot in line for EBCI if that makes sense? So yes you have reset your position but honestly it's worth it for a voucher haha! You still have your EBCI though so no worries in losing it!

Let me know if you have any other questions 😉

Travel Agent, Home Airport DEN

05bardic
Explorer B

Thanks for the reply 🙂  The fact that the flight confirmation number did not change is what made me think there was a possibility it would keep the timestamp from the original booking. That's definitely helpful to know for the future because I like to book my flights early, so if I know I'm going to get bumped to the end of the boarding assignment line to save 15 or 20 bucks then it's probably not worth it to me to change it.

Munsingerjc
Adventurer C

No problem! I know haha it is very confusing, they should find a way to change that though. Anyways yes depending on the voucher total it may or may not be worth it! Anyways, happy travels!

SN
Explorer C

I need a response

As a woman carrying my Quran at the airport, I've been a loyal Southwest Airlines customer, but after my recent experience, I've decided it's my last flight with them. I'll be pursuing legal action if my complaint isn't addressed. During boarding, despite having the correct number, I was unfairly held back by a Southwest employee named Lynn, allowing others to board ahead of me and my mother, seemingly because of our Muslim faith. When I voiced my concern, another employee named Michael Page intervened, aggressively cornering me and insisting I repeat certain phrases or be denied boarding, citing vague behavioral concerns. Feeling coerced, I complied, but not before informing him of my intent to report his actions. When I told him I will report his action he said "He knows my name" which I find the threatening. Despite attempts by my husband, who is a doctor, to address the situation, Michael Page ignored him and left the aircraft. This discriminatory treatment and intimidation are unacceptable and warrant immediate attention.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SN wrote:

I need a response

You ARE NOT going to get a response here. This is a customer forum.

If you want to file a complaint, click on "contact us" below and proceed.

AND STOP SPAMMING the community.. You've posted the same thing three times.

05bardic
Explorer B

@SN wrote:

"I need a response"

Yes I'm sure it's because of your faith, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with your demanding, entitled attitude.

"Despite attempts by my husband, who is a doctor"

I fail to see how your husband's occupation is relevant, unless you think he should be treated preferentially over an electrician, plumber, or cashier. If that's the case it seems that you're on board with discriminatory treatment as long as it benefits you. 

As @dfwskier pointed out, you're copy/pasting your original post as replies on other threads. If you want a response from Southwest then do as he suggested and contact Southwest. Stop hijacking other people's threads demanding a response. 

Capturesw.PNG