Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons

Lostclimber
Explorer C

So as a weekly flyer with Southwest I used to get drink coupons in the mail after 4 flights or so but now nothing … I can only presume that everyone else around me had these now luxurious coupons from past negative experiences but come on why do you stop rewarding your loyal customers??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Drink coupons

dfwskier
Aviator A

First of all it was 4 drink coupons after 10 paid flights.

Second,  many flight attendants are not asking for payment for drinks. In my case in only 2 of my past 12 flights have I had to pay. I would have had to fly 20 paid flights to get 8 drink coupons, but I just got 10 free drinks,

You do the match.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Lostclimber wrote:

So as a weekly flyer with Southwest I used to get drink coupons in the mail after 4 flights or so but now nothing … I can only presume that everyone else around me had these now luxurious coupons from past negative experiences but come on why do you stop rewarding your loyal customers??

I also give them the chance to take my expired coupons as well which they often do.

And don't offer the coupon until they ask for it, maybe it is a free day?

*Be prepared to offer a coupon or pay if the FA does come back for it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Lostclimber wrote:

This was discussed in this thread earlier this year - Southwest stopped sending out coupons - we do not know when they will send them again. I'm crossing my fingers that they move to digital coupons.

--Jessica