Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Check in

lpgolf04
Explorer C

Hello. I have used early bird many times over the years. I recently used it for my upcoming flight and received B57 as my boarding position. I have never been this far back in the process by using early bird. I’m basically C lol. 

I purchased it about 35 hours before my flight, so unless almost everyone on the flight booked their early bird before me, seems odd to get positioned that far back. 

anyone else ever been positioned this far back with early bird?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Early Bird Check in

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Yes, I’m sure you were the last person to purchase EBCI on your flight that close to the scheduled departure. 

In fact you probably barely made the cutoff to buy it since the assignments are made around T-36 but you seem to have squeezed in before the T-24 time. 

Verify on your boarding pass that it says early bird or EBCI on it to make sure it was applied.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

lpgolf04
Explorer C

Boarding Pass says no. But on my itinerary it says I purchased it and I obviously was charged. Makes sense now. There’s no way 100+ other people paid for EB. Not impossible, but highly improbable. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@lpgolf04 wrote:

Boarding Pass says no. But on my itinerary it says I purchased it and I obviously was charged. Makes sense now. There’s no way 100+ other people paid for EB. Not impossible, but highly improbable. 

Depends how many A-List there were, if there were excess A-list it could spill into the B’s but that would be 40-60 EBCI purchases. 

You might have glitched the system buying it after 36 hours and it wasn’t applied, check back if you can get a refund if it doesn’t show on your boarding pass.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

floridaguy
Aviator C

EBCI = tossing money in the wind

lpgolf04
Explorer C

Thank you for your input. Your advice has been very helpful.