Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Gate checking 4 seat stroller (44lbs)

Nhi_Grace
Explorer C

Hello everyone, I will travel to Hawaii with my 4 kids (1 -3 years old) I am planning to bring our 4 seats stroller! (as picture below) i wonder if I will be able to check it in at the gate or it has to be checked in at the ticket counter! Thank you so much for your time!

5B07E217-A4E5-4E30-B77C-AFDD8DCD5E9B.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Gate checking 4 seat stroller (44lbs)

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe that you can check this at the gate.  However, measure the dimensions of the stroller to be sure that it is not classified as "oversized" when folded.  That way, you can not worry about it.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I see no issues with gate checking it, but would suggest you inquire with the agent at the check-in ticket counter to get their opinion as they may have thoughts about it after seeing the stroller in person. You will also want to allow extra time to get through security as TSA will want to do their inspection. 

--TheMiddleSeat

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

I don't know the answer...but I think you're an awesome mom with regard to being able to handle that type of stroller and the 4 kiddos it contains!! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Nhi_Grace wrote:

Hello everyone, I will travel to Hawaii with my 4 kids (1 -3 years old) I am planning to bring our 4 seats stroller! (as picture below) i wonder if I will be able to check it in at the gate or it has to be checked in at the ticket counter! Thank you so much for your time!

5B07E217-A4E5-4E30-B77C-AFDD8DCD5E9B.jpeg

I'm not aware of any distinction between counter-check, curbside, and gate check so if you want to use it through the airport the gate check should work. 

I don't believe the baggage size allowance applies to baby gear:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Traveling-with-Little-Ones-The-Logistics/ta-p/9123...

Make sure to get your gate check tag prior to boarding so you will be able to use family boarding.

Are there other adults traveling with you and are there two lap children? There are four oxygen masks per three-seat row.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.