Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile Boarding Pass not always available?

Ksue
Explorer C

The last few times I have checked in mobile boarding pass was not an option or somehow I missed it.  I was on my laptop, but went to my phone and still wasn't able to access it, the only option was to print now or at airport. I thought I remembered a time you could even send it via an email.  But back to mobile boarding, I was just in Seatttle last month and was able to access mobile boarding via my cell phone. So does it only work on cell phone? Help

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not always available?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Ksue,

Mobile Boarding Pass is available for all flights, except those involving international travel. 

You can request a mobile boarding pass at the time of check-in onSouthwest.com, the Southwest.com mobile site, or the Southwest mobile app for iPhone® or Android.

Next, select to have your mobile boarding pass sent directly to your device via email or text message. Mobile Boarding Pass is not currently optimized for viewing on tablets. If you’re already using the mobile app, you can request a mobile boarding pass by choosing 1 of 3 delivery methods: view in browser, email, or text message.

With every delivery method, be sure to save your mobile boarding pass to your phone for easy access during travel. Android users can save boarding passes to their photo gallery by tapping on the 'Save Image to Photos' orange button. Follow the directions on screen to save the image to your photos. iOS (version 8 or higher) users can save boarding passes directly to Apple Wallet by selecting 'Add to Apple Wallet.'

Ksue
Explorer C

Thanks Lindsey,

Make sense that I'm not able to have mobile boarding pass sent to my phone from laptop. My other question is, once I checked in on laptop why cant' I go to my iPhone later in the day and access my reservation via the SW app and have a mobile boarding pass sent to me?

amsinger
Explorer C

Hi,

I had the same problem as ksue when I traveled this weekend from New York to Denver. No mobile boarding pass option showed up on either my outgoing or inbound trip. I looked on desktop and mobile. During my last trip in June, I selected mobile pass without any problem. 

I'm pretty savvy about these things and don't think I missed it. Given that someone else had the exact same problem, I wonder if there's some glitch?  Thanks for investigating.

Amy

gml
Explorer C

I was unable to retrieve a mobile boarding pass on both my departing and returning flight to/from CMH to OAK as well. During the check in process using my iPhone, I never saw the option for a mobile boarding pass. What could have caused that? Was that a temporary problem with SW's website or more of a permanent problem? I'd like to be able use this feature on future flights.

lawheeler44
Explorer C

hello,

i was not given the option of how to deliver my boarding pass. i cannot even access an image of my boarding pass on my iphone. the only way i can view my boarding pass is via my laptop and website.

is there a way to go back in and access a mobile version of my boarding pass now?

gindermill
Explorer C

Nope! can't locate the option to text, email, or download boarding pass to mobile device, from either the App or PC

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Interesting feedback, everyone. I'll circulate this internally and see about getting some information since the issue appears to be somewhat widespread. 

Anyone else out there seeing this problem?Give me a couple days and I'll get back in here with some answers!

kjh3
Explorer C

Yes, Lindsey.  I am also having the same problem.  Today I checked in and was not offered the choice of boarding pass options.   I always use my iphone to check in but every effort I make to get this  is failing.

I tried signing into my account, tried the mobile app as well.  My husband is also on my reservation so I am curious if that would make a difference.  Let us know why this is happening if you can.  Thanks. 

mijcar
Explorer C

Me, too.

When I help my grandson, using his Rapid Rewards or not, there is no option other than to print the boarding passes.

Michael