Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Proof required for Pre-Boarding now??

Cooperj112
Explorer C

I recently flew this past weekend and heard something from the gate agent about pre-boarding after Group A. The gate agent said that all military, extra time, families, etc can board. What was surprising was that he said A-list member can board as well as A-list members who do not have it that status indicated on their boarding pass can also now board. This is the second time I have heard that in the past few months.

Does this mean that you can just say your an A-List member and then pre-board without any proof?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No Proof required for Pre-Boarding now??

dfwskier
Aviator A

No, it means that A-List members who happen to have B or C boarding positions can board after A-60 has boarded.

Cooperj112
Explorer C

I understand that. My point was that the gate agent announced that you even if your boarding pass does not say "A list" on it, you can just tell them that you are. 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

What they say is, "if you do not have an "A" group boarding position, as an A-list/A-List Preferred flyer you may board after group A before group B." Your boarding pass must identify you as "A-list"

floridaguy
Aviator C

Preboard!!!

floridaguy
Aviator C

Under the Air Carrier Access Act, you can self-declare as an individual with a disability and preboard.  There is no proof, no medical exam, no committee, no documentation.

You can do back flips, acrobatics and gymnastics all the way to the gate, then self-declare, then preboard.