Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Upgraded Boardings

luknoi
Explorer C

Not sure if this was answered but, I have a priority CC and supposed to get 4 Upgraded Boardings. Maybe i'm doing this wrong but, i have pre-bought 4 upgrades from Anytime to Business Select  within the past 10 months and when i look at myRewards Home page, it shows that I have not purchased 1. What am i doing wrong or it it just finicky?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Upgraded Boardings

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

If you actually buy/upgrade to the Business Select Fare that does not count. At the 24 hour mark prior to the flight SWA starts selling "upgraded" boarding, which is the remaining unsold Business Select Slots. Those slots are eligible for the free upgrades on the CC, which will show as statement credits on your next statement.

luknoi
Explorer C

Well OK..Now i know how the game is played. Thanks for that. It's almost as bad as the 24hr checkin that i keep forgetting to do, thats why i buy with Early-Bird.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@luknoi wrote:

Not sure if this was answered but, I have a priority CC and supposed to get 4 Upgraded Boardings. Maybe i'm doing this wrong but, i have pre-bought 4 upgrades from Anytime to Business Select  within the past 10 months and when i look at myRewards Home page, it shows that I have not purchased 1. What am i doing wrong or it it just finicky?

Hola!

It appears there was some confusion between Upgraded Boarding and the fare class Upgrade to Business Select; these are different products.

By the looks of your post, it looks like you upgraded your fare class from Anytime to Business Select under Upgrade to Business Select. This purchase is not covered by the credit card benefit whereas Upgraded Boarding would be. 

To be clear, upgrading the fare class to Business Select gets you all the benefits of Business Select including A1-A15 boarding.

In contrast, Upgraded Boarding allows any passenger of any fare class to upgrade their boarding position to A1-A15 for any flight segment departing within 24 hours subject to availability (a benefit covered by the CC). Upgraded Boarding does not include the other benefits of Business Select.

Hope this helps!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yeah, the one Chase is offering is the one that you do after you check in for a flight -- within 24 hours of departure time.