Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What are your experiences with boarding positions for Anytime fares?

05bardic
Explorer B

For anyone who purchases Anytime fares, just curious to hear how decent the boarding positions are that you've received in the past. I often purchase BS, but since we now have a CP I'll probably start buying Anytime fare when we're flying together since BS doesn't include sequential boarding positions. Since they're assigned at T-36 with Anytime first then EBCI, is it fairly safe to assume you'd get a decent boarding position if you book an Anytime fare close to the flight date? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What are your experiences with boarding positions for Anytime fares?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm not abso.utely certain, but I'd expect you would get a decent boarding position Al-isters would be in front of you, but then other Anytimers in order of tiket purchase date.. I would not expect many Anytimers as most people are going to fly as WGA of WGA+. So the real question is how many A listers would be in front of you.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I'm not abso.utely certain, but I'd expect you would get a decent boarding position Al-isters would be in front of you, but then other Anytimers in order of tiket purchase date.. I would not expect many Anytimers as most people are going to fly as WGA of WGA+. So the real question is how many A listers would be in front of you.

It should be as good as possible without an A-list - just clarifying that you don't also have A-list?

I don't buy the Anytime fare often since the points benefit and extras with BS are so much higher for a relatively small step on the fare. I don't buy Business Select very often either, usually only if I'm booking a trip where the WGA prices are also already high.

However with companion as you pointed out the BS fare won't include the companion in boarding position, so any fare with A-list will be better. Then Anytime, then EBCI, then checking in at 24 hours.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

epcot
Adventurer C

just for reference I recently booked with a coworker on LAX LAS. I got A-28 as A List WGA+, he got A-31 as Anytime. So it does come right after A-List