Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Preferred Free WiFi Ineligible?

jlrgraham
Explorer C

I’ve currently got A-List Preferred status and on a current flight I’m getting told that I’m ineligible for free WiFi.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  I sign in using the same password manager that correctly fills and logs in for all other SWA sites — and it’s clear that the password works because if I intentionally put in a bad password I’m told that the password isn’t right.

Instead I just get:

It looks like you aren't eligible for Free Internet. Check out our FAQs to learn more”

I also tried looking up the flight by confirmation number, got the same result.

Has anyone else seen this?  It’s possible that this is specific to my trip (it’s been a bit on the bad side — messed up PreCheck due to the discussed “middle name” issue, one delay to weather, another to mechanicals, after getting the PreCheck issue cleared the flight is just missing from anything on the SWA site or app…), just really grating to not have this benefit working.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A-List Preferred Free WiFi Ineligible?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You could pay for it and then ask for a refund.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Did you earn A-preferred on the same flight you were trying to access the WiFi?  I would think you wouldn’t get the A-preferred until the completion of that flight 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Is the reservation linked to your RR account? If so I’d just pay for the Wi-Fi then send SW a message asking for a refund of the Wi-Fi. 

Also make sure your A List preferred not just A List 

jlrgraham
Explorer C

Thanks all.  I’ve had Preferred since earning it last year, and it’s worked on previous journeys this year.  I’m guessing it’s the issue that the reservation appears to have been unlinked from my profile when they fixed my TSA PreCheck problem — it doesn’t seem to be listed in the app or on the website for my RR account.

I ended up paying for the access, will ask for a refund.