Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Acolvin73
Explorer C

THIS IS HYSTERICALLY LAUGHABLE BECAUSE THIS IS THE WORST AIRLINE I HAVE EVER FLOWN ON
I'm very perplexed why on my flight yesterday there was 3 flight attendants yet only one lady was taking orders starting at the front of the plane.... They took drink orders from the front all the way back to aisle 17 & QUIT... people from 17 to 24 got nothing!!! THEN sitting there thinking she was going to come back and take our order next NOPE INSTEAD for good solid 10 minutes. There was not a stewardess to be found.... Then the announcement came on that we were starting our descent.... I'm very perplexed why we weren't offered a drink or snack While everybody else in the front of the plane did.... BUT BEFORE THAT.... BEFORE LETTING ME ON THE PLANE I HAD A CROSSOVER BAG VERY TINY JUST ENOUGH TO HOLD MY PHONE AND MY WALLET AND MY ID... I HAD MY BACKPACK AND MY CARRY-ON ... SO TELL ME WHY SINCE I WAS THE VERY LAST ONE ON THE PLANE AND THERE WAS 20 EXTRA SEATS.... WHY ON GODS GREAT EARTH DID THEY MAKE ME TAKE APART MY LUGGAGE TO PUT MY PURSE IN THERE EVEN WHEN I LOOKED AT THE GUY AND SAID YOU KNOW AFTER I GO 25 FT TO THE PLANE I'M JUST TAKING IT RIGHT BACK OUT RIGHT?!?! SO WE ACTUALLY DEPARTED LATE YESTERDAY BECAUSE YOU GUYS MADE TAKE APART MY LUGGAGE FOR ME TO HIDE A PURSE FOR 25 FT .... WHY?!?! WHEN YOU KNEW THERE WAS 20 OPEN SEATS!?!? WHY DOES MY LITTLE PURSE MATTER WHEN YOU KNEW GOOD & WELL I WAS GOING TO TAKE IT OUT OF MY SUITCASE AFTER 25 FT ?!?!? BUT HEY LET'S THROW OFF YOUR WHOLE ENTIRE DAY JUST OVER ONE PURSE MAKES SENSE TO ME NONETHELESS WE WERE LATE LANDING IN PORTLAND BECAUSE WE HAD TO WAIT FOR ME TO FIND ROOM IN MY LUGGAGE.... I WILL NEVER EVER FLY THIS AIRLINE AGAIN!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

To the rest of customers on this flight, I dearly apologize. I did not mean for us to take off 20 MINUTES late all because I had to completely take apart my suitcase just to hide my SMALL PURSE JUST to walk down the walkway onto the airplane and then remove it from said suitcase before I even step foot on the plane.... MAKES COMPLETE SENSE TO ME Even though yes there was 20 open seats on the flight.... I know my little purse was a huge problem for the guy at the gate so to those that were late catching their connecting flights or missing people picking them up or whatever I do apologize I really do.... And yes I took said purse out of my suitcase before I even walked onto the plane.... Really s***** customer service. Southwest is really really s*****!!!!! And I fly with you quite a bit and I will NEVER EVER do so again... And I take the flight from Portland to Sacramento and back about every other month to see my child.... Good thing Spirit & Alaska fly the same route!!!
I absolutely discourage anybody from flying on this airline.... They have no customer service standards at all except take your money and then f*** you!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE

dfwskier
Aviator A

Didn't you learn anyting about sentence structure, paragraphs, and punctuation while you were in grade school?

I'm not reading that non sense.

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

No words.  Are you so entitled that the rules shouldn't apply to you and then blatantly break them once you're out of sight?

I'm thrilled that you have chosen other airlines and won't, in the future, hold up a departure on SWA.

SMH...

YeahNoMaybe
Frequent Flyer C

From southwest.com:

You may bring one carryon bag and one personal item without charge (subject to the limitations below). The bag should be stowed in the overhead compartment, and your small personal item should be stowed under your seat.

Sizing up your carryon and personal item:

One carryon bag

• Goes in overhead bin
  • Size limits: 24” (L) + 16” (W) + 10” (H)
  • Examples: roller bag, small suitcase

One personal item

• Goes under your seat
  • Examples: purse (including crossbody bags), briefcase, laptop computer case, backpack, pillow (neck pillows do not count toward the carryon limit), blanket, small camera

If you're traveling with a pet, the pet carrier is counted as either your personal item or carryon.

The agent, is appears, was rightfully considering you crossover bag to be a third carry on item per Southwest's published rules.

05bardic
Adventurer C

@Acolvin73 wrote:

I HAD A CROSSOVER BAG VERY TINY JUST ENOUGH TO HOLD MY PHONE AND MY WALLET AND MY ID

You say your purse was so tiny it only held a phone, wallet, and ID... yet you had to spend 20 minutes emptying your entire suitcase to fit it in there?  I call BS.

It was, however, nice of you to apologize to the other passengers on the flight for the late departure, because it was absolutely your fault for not complying with the stated rules. 

Your post is painful to read. It's really not that difficult to use the shift key.