Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How did I get such a high boarding group?

tellu
Explorer C

Had a family emergency and purchased a Wanna Get Away fare about 3 hours prior to departure time.

Somehow, and I’m not complaining, I received A29. It wasn’t an empty flight, maybe 5-10 passengers less than capacity. There were at least 30 people in the boarding group behind me.

I’m not SWA loyal, have no status, no credit cards, nothing.

How did I get so lucky?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How did I get such a high boarding group?

05bardic
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

If the person who had the A29 position changed or canceled their flight after checking in (or took an earlier standby flight), and you were the lucky person who checked in right after that position became available, it would be yours. Lucky day!

dfwskier
Aviator A

That's the same answer he got on reddit.

wkkunkle
Explorer B

@dfwskier 

Why do you care if people cross post to Reddit?  I’m genuinely curious because as a newer member here I’ve been reading old threads, etc. and I notice you call people out a lot for posting on Reddit, almost as if to shame them?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I said it because you already got the answer to your question on Reddit. So why ask the same question a second time?

Did you expect to receive  different answer?

wkkunkle
Explorer B

Yes, sometimes people get different answers from different sites. Not everyone who is on this site is on Reddit and vice versa.  And not everyone is on this site as frequently as you are.

They aren't hurting anything asking questions.  It takes more time to respond in a rude manner than it does to just ignore and move on.

wkkunkle
Explorer B

Also, just to clarify, I'm not trying to be rude myself or argumentative.

But with everything else going on in the world ... and the current state of affairs in our country ... someone posting the same question on Reddit (or any other site), as well as here, is the least of things I think that would "ruffle my feathers," so to speak.

Now, someone posting intentional SPAM (like the account that was posting advertisements to orthopedic pillows or vein therapy or whatever that I saw here the other day), yes, I can see that being wholly bothersome and out of place - but instead of replying to it, I used the "report to moderator" button for it.

Oh well, six of one, half a dozen of the other, as they say.