Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In seat Power ---- and new seats

dfwskier
Aviator A

It looks like in seat power is on 18 currently flying planes and will be on all new MAXs delivered from this point forward.

And  it appears there will be different  seats on new planes by the end of the year. I don;t know which of the seats were chosen -- just the manufacturer.

https://www.recaro-as.com/en/aircraft-seats/economy-class.html 

edit add: in looking at seat descriptions, I would guess that the BL3530 is the new seat. Why? It is the only one listed as coming with in seat power.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: In seat Power

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

It looks like in seat power is on 18 currently flying planes and will be on all new MAXs delivered from this point forward.

I haven't found my way onto one yet, but hopefully try it out.

I'm actually out of flights right now, nothing booked. Need to remedy that!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: In seat Power ---- and new seats

bec102896
Aviator A

I was 1 gate off from the new plane with outlets I tried to use my same day standby just to get on that plane for once but no connection would have been available for me so I had to pass but the agent did get a good laugh out of the reason why I wanted to go 1200 miles in the opposite direction first 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

🤣

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gsking
Aviator C

I got one of them last week.  Didn't have to break out my power bank, and the seats seemed a bit wider.  Definitely comfortable.  And you gotta love how quiet the MAX is.