Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Places to Eat-Nashville Airport(BNA) 2021

mejohnso
Explorer C

I have been a devoted SWA customer for over 25 years and recently experienced a layover in the Nashville airport in Terminal D.  It looked new but my wife and I were expecting to eat our lunch there.  The only options were a coffee bar with over-priced salads, a craft brewer stand and a large space with cold, overpriced sandwiches dispensed out of machines.  And then there was a major lack of seating for the number of people looking to eat.  Terminal looked new but the food choices available absolutely sucked.  Will try to avoid layovers at BNA in the future.  Of course had my original direct flight not been changed to 2 legs by SWA it would never have been an issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Places to Eat-Nashville Airport(BNA) 2021

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I think @elijahbrantley loves the BNA terminal, perhaps he can shed some light on what you saw and maybe missed.

--TheMiddleSeat

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

I think @elijahbrantley loves the BNA terminal, perhaps he can shed some light on what you saw and maybe missed.

--TheMiddleSeat

I came here to say the same - I bet @elijahbrantley has some secrets up his sleeve.

@mejohnso - what are some of your favorite places at other airports? Maybe the Community can recommend some places similar to what you typically love.

jksobonya
Aviator A

What! I love the BNA airport! Nashville is the best. BNA was actually one of the very first places I heard live music again in 2020, thanks to Tootsie's Lounge. You should have walked over to Concourse C and eaten there - that's where Tootsie's Lounge is, and it's the best!

https://flynashville.com/bna_shop/tootsies-orchid-lounge-c 

Earlier in 2020, the only thing open around that area was the food court Burger King ... it's gotten much better. Still, I'd take an overpriced salad or sandwich any day over nothing! There were months where nothing was open at all ... 

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

If you have time you could take the walk to terminal C where there are a few more bars mainly I go to enjoy the live music but yes I’ll 3rd that @elijahbrantley will be your best bet here for recommendations in BNA in the meantime check out his blog post  Nashville International’s “BNA Vision” Offers Southwest Travelers a New Gateway to Music City 

-Blake 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

@mejohnso, BNA is my home airport, and it has been going through quite the overhaul over the past few years. I'll say this: the food options used to be pretty lackluster, and the airport secured a new vendor to work with local Nashville eateries to expand the airport dining selections. That remains a work in progress, so there are some new places today, but in the future, it will be pretty awesome! Also that means that most places have been closed either due to the pandemic or due to construction (BN, Auntie Anne's, pizza, etc. -- all closed).

Glad you got to experience the new terminal D as well -- it is beautiful! But if you want to eat, you do have to venture to other parts of the airport, at least for now. You can get coffee and beef there, but that is about it.

Today, your best bets are 400 Degrees, serving Nashville hot chicken, and Barista Parlor, serving coffee and sandwiches and pastries. 8th and Roast is good for coffee, and there are a few brewery options as well if you want a beer.

Beyond that, we wait for what is to be a much more diverse selection in the future. Please come back and visit!

Thanks for the tags, @TheMiddleSeat @ksbrg @bec102896!

-A List, Companion Pass holder