Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Poor customer service

msmail
Explorer C

I want to thank Southwest for wasting my time.  I flew back to DCA from Dallas on Memorial day.  I am used to having delayed flights.  It is a holiday and the weather was bad.  Unfortunately my bag decided to take a side trip to Atlanta.  I hope it enjoyed the flight.  The baggage claim employee told me that it was due to come to DCA at 8:15 the next morning.  I could either have it delivered or if I picked it up, I could get a voucher.  Apparently I should have recorded this statement or had them write it down.  Stupid me had put some frozen food in the bag so did not want to wait for delivery.  I called the next morning and they said the bag arrived at 8:11 am.  I spent over an hour driving to the airport and getting the bag.  Thank god the food was still frozen.  The employees at the counter said they did not know anything about the voucher and I needed to call call customer service.  I spoke to customer service and they do not have a record of my bag going to the wrong airport and if I wanted a voucher, I needed to go to the airport and speak to a manager.  This is BS.  I expect bad service from an airline but I expect better of Southwest, especially an airline that has a heart and talks about love.  Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Poor customer service

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@msmail wrote:

I want to thank Southwest for wasting my time.  I flew back to DCA from Dallas on Memorial day.  I am used to having delayed flights.  It is a holiday and the weather was bad.  Unfortunately my bag decided to take a side trip to Atlanta.  I hope it enjoyed the flight.  The baggage claim employee told me that it was due to come to DCA at 8:15 the next morning.  I could either have it delivered or if I picked it up, I could get a voucher.  Apparently I should have recorded this statement or had them write it down.  Stupid me had put some frozen food in the bag so did not want to wait for delivery.  I called the next morning and they said the bag arrived at 8:11 am.  I spent over an hour driving to the airport and getting the bag.  Thank god the food was still frozen.  The employees at the counter said they did not know anything about the voucher and I needed to call call customer service.  I spoke to customer service and they do not have a record of my bag going to the wrong airport and if I wanted a voucher, I needed to go to the airport and speak to a manager.  This is BS.  I expect bad service from an airline but I expect better of Southwest, especially an airline that has a heart and talks about love.  Thanks a lot.

Hola!

Sorry to hear that you ran into trouble regarding how the airport staff handled your baggage separation. Please note that this customer-to-customer forum comprises of your fellow travelers and reported baggage claim staff incidents may not get read or processed by the appropriate SW staff management personnel.

I would forward your report regarding how staff handled your baggage separation directly to SW Customer Relations in an email or DM to Twitter/X:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Hopefully, they'll be able to clear up any misunderstandings that occurred during the process and follow up on your voucher status.

Re: Poor customer service

Artanis
Explorer B

Artanis_0-1717026918671.png