Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Pet carrier/traveling with two cats

missmarple123
Explorer C

Has anyone flown their pet using the SWA pet carrier?

How did it go? Was it sturdy?

I am looking for a pet carrier that will be good to take my two 9 pound cats in for an in-cabin flight.

Will the SWA one work well? Or any recommendations for another one that fits two smallish cats (that are sisters, vet recommends they travel together).

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Pet carrier/traveling with two cats

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @missmarple123! The Southwest pet carrier is sturdy and 17” long x 9.5” high x 10” wide, but the maximum dimensions allowed are 18.5” long x 8.5” high x 13.5” wide if you think you need a little more space. Soft-sided and hard-sided carriers specifically designed as pet carriers are acceptable. We look forward to welcoming you and your cats onboard!

Nicole
Community Manager

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Inflight-Experience/Need-Advice-For-Cat-Travel/m-p/75938/highligh... 

@missmarple123, I am not sure how much you searched the discussion boards, but the above is a link to a similar issue.  I hope the trip goes well for you and your pets (and for the other passengers if your cats are as vocal as mine.  Mine yowl at everything, but I have little sympathy because I know they have a cushy life.)

dfwskier
Aviator A

The advantage of soft sided carriers is they can be bought a bit bigger than the standard

and then squished down to fit under a seat.

owilson3158
Explorer C

Hi! How did the travel go? Which carrier did you end up getting? I am travelling in November and trying to figure out which carrier to get for my 2, 6 month old kittens

Leoboy2020
Explorer A

I have the southwest carrier    
so I know it will fit   Using it Wednesday and only the one time   Yours half price if you want it