Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest Planetags

tunderrunz
Explorer C
I would not believe any of this unless I could verify with reliable documentation.
https://jjsploit.click/
https://indigocard.ltd/

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ckillham85 wrote:

D41424B9-FD17-455E-8D41-C2F03F492245.jpeg

The item absolutely exists, there’s no doubt about that. As previously stated the aircraft was retired (and replaced) and skin made into the keychains. The community that collects them has not seen them publicly offered, so it’s likely they were given to employees. I’m trying to reach out to those who may have stumbled across them and may be willing to part ways with them.

The photo is helpful - If you can show that the tail number here was Nevada One's tail number then this would seem to stand up very well. 

It is in the realm of possibility that the background photo is generic, where the tail number is specific information.

But also to your question as the forum is primarily customer to customer I'm not sure if you'll catch the employees who have these, or from the photo is looks like they were for sale to someone/employees so someone that chose to buy one might not want to sell it, who knows I hope you can find one available. 

I'm sure this is great business - support the arts at the same time the recycled aluminum is worth $1/lb by weight and surely this item for a few ounces was selling for $20 or so which would support the diversion from recycling for at least some portion of the hull. 

I'm sure all the thick and odd shaped parts ended up recycled.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

BDubs
Explorer C

I reached out a few weeks ago to a couple of pilots I know at SWA and they checked the employee store and these were not to be found.  This definitely exists, but PlaneTags said it was a September 2023 private release, presumably to Southwest Airlines.  It also appears that the last flight that N727SW took was to BHM last year.  Is that maintenance facility one that would be big enough to disassemble an aircraft?  If anybody sees these in the employee store or hears about them being distributed within the company, please let us know.

dfwskier
Aviator A

WN regularly retires aircraft to BHM