Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Switching devices on-board Wifi

calcifer
Explorer C

Hello, I have searched this forum with no clear answer. When purchasing the $8 wifi, can I please switch devices and use one at a time, as other airlines have standard. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Switching devices on-board Wifi

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@calcifer wrote:

Hello, I have searched this forum with no clear answer. When purchasing the $8 wifi, can I please switch devices and use one at a time, as other airlines have standard. Thank you

I don't think is an available option right now. 

I would sent it in as a suggestion using the Contact Southwest Customer Service methods, I'll do the same.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

stevenrollinson
Employee
Employee

Hey @calcifer 

Device switching is currently available on Viasat equipped aircraft. On these aircraft you'll find the option, known as Swap Device, in the hamburger menu of the portal.

Happy travels! 

calcifer
Explorer C

Thanks for your response. How do I know if I have a Viasat aircraft? How can I check this when booking a flight or prior to boarding?

bec102896
Aviator A

@calcifer wrote:

Thanks for your response. How do I know if I have a Viasat aircraft? How can I check this when booking a flight or prior to boarding?

Unfortunately you won’t be able to tell if your on a Viasat aircraft until onboard and it will show up at the bottom of the Wi-Fi page if it is viasat or the other provider also if it’s viasat when you look at the navigation menu it will have the switch devices option listed 

calcifer
Explorer C

Oh ok thanks! It will show me that info before paying, correct?

bec102896
Aviator A

Here are a couple examples from my flight tonight

I’ve found more flights have the other provider though in my experience 

IMG_6017.jpeg

IMG_6018.jpeg

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I’ve found more flights have the other provider though in my experience 

Anuvu will be the other branding, that's all I've had lately. 

I had gotten the promotional package about the Viasat actually, but didn't remember anything in there about device swapping, my apologies on that one as it slipped by me if it was in the promotional materials.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.