Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Terrific flight attendant

MM94596
Explorer C

Karen, the lead FA, on WN1152, CHS to DEN, on Friday 5/17 was terrific. She was welcoming, funny, well-organized, and responsive to both crew and passenger needs. I miss the old "Kick Tail" awards we could give because she exemplified the kind of crew member who deserves one.  A long-ish flight full of Friday travelers was better because of her professionalism and personality. 

I know we're trying to move away from paper drink coupons and the like, but from this passenger's perspective "Kick Tail" was a fun and easy way to recognize crew members going out of their way to provide good service.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Terrific flight attendant

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C
Solution

@MM94596 wrote:

Karen, the lead FA, on WN1152, CHS to DEN, on Friday 5/17 was terrific. She was welcoming, funny, well-organized, and responsive to both crew and passenger needs. I miss the old "Kick Tail" awards we could give because she exemplified the kind of crew member who deserves one.  A long-ish flight full of Friday travelers was better because of her professionalism and personality. 

I know we're trying to move away from paper drink coupons and the like, but from this passenger's perspective "Kick Tail" was a fun and easy way to recognize crew members going out of their way to provide good service.

Great to hear this story and thanks for sharing!

If you haven't done so yet, would you do a kind favor and forward your compliment and Kick Tail suggestion directly to Southwest Customer Service:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

You can also send a DM with your flight number and dates to Southwest via Twitter/X. 

That way, both your praise for Karen and your comments to better recognize crew can be processed; this forum is customer-to-customer and the appropriate SW staff may not be able to locate and follow up from your comments from here.

Again, thanks for sharing your flight experience to the community anyway. Always great to hear staff making the best of crowded long flights.