Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WiFi Clarification

jbdenton1
Explorer C

Flying to Wisconsin soon and just have a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to. We have a layover in Baltimore on the way up and St Louis on the way back, if I buy the WiFi on the plane, will it carry over to my connecting flight? Not sure if it will be the same plane or not.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: WiFi Clarification

05bardic
Adventurer C

The Wifi is $8 per leg, so if you have one connecting flight you'd need to purchase it again for the second flight. If you purchased a Business Select fare, Wifi is included in the fare for both legs. 

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/onboard-experience-and-wifi?clk=GSUBNAV-WIFI-INFL...

4 Internet access for $8 per device from takeoff to landing. Price is subject to change. May not be available for the full duration of flight. In order to provide a top-notch Internet experience, we prohibit access to certain high-bandwidth applications and websites. We also prohibit access to certain obscene or offensive content.

RoseCliver
Explorer C

WiFi purchases on flights typically don't carry over to connecting flights. Each leg usually requires a separate purchase.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Also the wifi is very spotty so don't plan on any mission critical work.  If it doesn't work during your flight I believe you can ask for a refund.