Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 3X Bonus Points for Every Dollar Spent

kingsmatt80
Adventurer C

Once you get support to fix your issue and are registered, the 3X spending bonus will apply retroactively back to 11/1/2023.

epcot
Adventurer B

was support able to help you? I just keep getting unrelated responses about how to sign up for a Southwest credit card

daposton
Explorer C

Have you received this points? I have not seen anything show up yet.

BobJay2004
Explorer C

No as I  contacted southwest long ago, they said this offer was sent to me by mistake.  

here4points
Explorer C

I just received my points yesterday for this promotion. Based on how the promotion was worded I assumed it would count towards my 2023 balance to achieve 2024 companion. Customer Service on the phone thought the same thing in December which I then booked a unneeded hotel to get me over the limit for companion. Now they are saying it counts towards your 2024 balance to get companion for 2025 given the points hit my account in 2024 even though there would be no way to hit your account in 2023 with their 8 week waiting period. Anyone else get confused by this promotion? Seems a bit misleading based off of the "finish the year strong" and "points count towards 2024 companion pass" messaging. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@here4points wrote:

I just received my points yesterday for this promotion. Based on how the promotion was worded I assumed it would count towards my 2023 balance to achieve 2024 companion. Customer Service on the phone thought the same thing in December which I then booked a unneeded hotel to get me over the limit for companion. Now they are saying it counts towards your 2024 balance to get companion for 2025 given the points hit my account in 2024 even though there would be no way to hit your account in 2023 with their 8 week waiting period. Anyone else get confused by this promotion? Seems a bit misleading based off of the "finish the year strong" and "points count towards 2024 companion pass" messaging. 

All of it makes sense to me as counting today for current points except for that last line.

Do you have the whole excerpt? There could be a mix-up in the lingo where someone is saying earn points in in a year vs for a CP period. 

The wording would be clearer if it said "current year qualifying" which would always be this year plus the whole next year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

here4points
Explorer C

There are other threads on this message board stating that similar promotions are honoring points earned in 2023 put posted in 2024 for 2023 companion. Maybe I

misinterpreted the wording but 2024 companion pass in my eyes means you have the pass for that stated year.

Southwest 3x Year End Promotion.png

kingsmatt80
Adventurer C

I can confirm as this bonus just showed up yesterday in my account. 20,000 points.  And it counts towards earning towards companion pass this year (the balance of 2024 and all of 2025).

bballflyer
Adventurer C

It makes sense that qualify for 2024 companion pass because you can still qualify for 2024 during 2024.  If you do not currently have a CP then these count toward earning it for the remainder of the year.   From what I am finding is these types of promotions do not give points until sometime after the end of the promotion period.  I received points for this specific one just this week so they seem to be taking close to 8 weeks to process the points.