Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

5x point promotion ended 3/31/2021, still no bonus points.

MilesAway
Explorer C

The Southwest travel purchase 5x point promotion ended on 3/31/2021. Today marks 8 full weeks. Has anyone else received the bonus points?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 5x point promotion ended 3/31/2021, still no bonus points.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I don't believe I had this promo, but in general promos are only applicable if you reserve / sign up for the promo first, then book a flight, then fly within the specified dates. If you booked a flight and then registered for the promotion, your flight won't count even if you fly during the promotional period.

--Jessica

MilesAway
Explorer C

Hi Jessica,

This was part of a new credit card offer for me. I was approved for a Chase Southwest Card and made purchases directly with Southwest for flights which received the standard two points. The extra 3 points were to take up to 8 weeks to post.  

Promotion details: To be eligible for this offer, you must apply for a Rapid Rewards® Credit Card between 12/01/2020 through 03/31/2021 11:59 p.m. E.T. Once approved for your Rapid Rewards Credit Card, you will be automatically enrolled to earn a total of 5 points for each $1 spent minus returns or refunds, on up to $2,000 in total net purchases each month, directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages (“Qualifying Purchases”) 12/01/2020 through 03/31/2021.

MilesAway
Explorer C
Solution

Pleased to report that points posted this morning! 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Great!

--Jessica

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@MilesAway Got mine today, over 4,000 of them.  Check again