Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A-List (2024) TQPs Calculation Question

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I would expect your Dec-24 /Jan-24 statement to count toward 2025 A status;  This was the logic I pushed back on them that the Jan-24 statement should count at the new rate since it counted for the 2024 qualification, but for the rate used in the calculation, they didn't agree, the status points still went toward 2024.  

epcot
Adventurer C

Did you spend $102,906? Not all Companion Pass-eligible points are A-List tier qualifying points

fltraveler30
Explorer C

I have the same concerns regarding the calculation.  I really think that I did not get any TQP for my credit card spend for the period that ended January 5, 2024.  I had over $5,000 on that statement.  When I look at the point activity  for Tier Qualifying Points, nothing posts for the 1/5/2024 statement.   All the other months the points post on that monthly statement closing and I can calculate the Tier Qualifying Points in relation to that monthly spend.

Technically, most of my 1/5/2024 spending was in December.  However, that is never how the points have worked in the past.  Points are credited to the month that the credit card statement.  I had assume it was just delay due to the new program.  However, now 3 plus months in, I don't think I am going to get any points for the January statement.   

IMG_5717.PNG

epcot
Adventurer C

Based on this, it looks like Southwest never received the points. You'd need to contact Chase about where those points are, and if they're not forthcoming with an answer you might want to look into the CFPB

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@epcot wrote:

Based on this, it looks like Southwest never received the points. You'd need to contact Chase about where those points are, and if they're not forthcoming with an answer you might want to look into the CFPB

Agree, you first have to confirm that Chase sent the instructions for the points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

The Dec points that are on the Jan bill will not post at the new 2024 rate, they are at the old 2023 rate.  I had the same and contacted customer service both SW and Chase and they would not change it.