Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass 2 One Way Flights: Does 2 passengers count from origin to destination on one date?

valeriacabello
Explorer C

I booked a one way flight yesterday 3/27/2024 for flight on 5/18/2024. It was a one-way for 2 passengers. The terms and conditions doesn't specify if this counts toward the promotion, anyone know? I didn't get a confirmation email that I qualified for this step of the 3 steps, which I expected.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion Pass 2 One Way Flights: Does 2 passengers count from origin to destination on one date

dfwskier
Aviator A

Two passengers will received half the credit they need to get the CP -- assuming both registered before you made the reservation.

Re: Companion Pass 2 One Way Flights: Does 2 passengers count from origin to destination on one date

valeriacabello
Explorer C

Hm got it, even if they were both paid for under one checkout process/one user?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@valeriacabello wrote:

That's correct - I'm sure the terms do say that the required travel is per person.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

05bardic
Explorer B

@valeriacabello wrote:

Yes, because the flight gets counted towards the Rapid Rewards number of the person flying, not the person making the purchase. 

epcot
Adventurer C

Just for reference they have never sent a confirmation email for the initial booking and I've done this Promo Companion Pass offer multiple times. You usually get one a few days after the flight confirming it qualified.