Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass Faster Promo

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have one.  I am told to add my companion beginning January 8, 2024 for a flight in late January.

Bluetz05
Explorer B

**CALL WITH SOUTHWEST & CHASE***

Well, I spoke with both Southwest AND Chase. When I spoke with southwest, The rep told me that any points I earn from 2023, even if they are posted in the account in January, will apply towards 2023. I mentioned to her that the promo specifically states that it should post "prior to 12/30/2023" and she kept reemphasizing that anything earned for 2023 would post for 2023. She then went on to tell me that ALL purchases on the credit card made up to 12/31/2023 would apply for 2023.....This is when I began to question the accuracy of this information.

My statement cuts on the 22nd of each month so from my understanding, the points from my credit card statement on Jan 22 would apply towards 2024 points. She then went on to tell me that she would transfer me to Chase to speak with them. I told her the email was from Southwest and I didn't get anything from Chase (Later I found out that I did get an email from chase on 10/30 about the promo when I was on the line with Chase). In fact, the promo details indicate that the Companion Qualifying Points (CQP) "will not appear on your credit card statement." She strongly advised I speak with chase and then went on to tell me - "Worst case scenario, if you aren't getting an answer you like from them then you can purchase the points to put you to Companion Status." At this point, I felt like she really needed more training because this is completely false. I told her that I read the fine print and that is not correct...she did research and consulted co-workers and verified I was correct and that purchased points do not count towards companion pass. Aye....

Anyways...Chase....

I spoke with two reps there: Chris and then supervisor Dulce. After going over so much detail from my part of the promo and the points I received in Oct for the Sept purchases and the Nov points for the Oct purchases, they both agreed that I should have already received the points in Dec for the Nov purchases BUT....They don't see that I was registered for the promo. WHAT!? Well I'm sure glad I took screenshots from my southwest account showing I was indeed registered. Also, why would I get the bonus CQP in Oct and Nov for it if I wasn't registered. 

Both were very helpful and the supervisor submitted an escalation to be researched as to why I have not received the bonus CQP yet and that I would receive a letter follow up in mail within 2 weeks but I could also call in for an update. I told her my concern was that on Jan 1, everything resets to 0 so how I could I verify my 2023 balances? That would have to be on the southwest side (calling in).

Based on personal experience from watching my account activity since this promo, I have seen instances where there have been retroactive point deposits that were not there the prior days I looked at the history. For example, I watched my account activity daily from approximately 12/1-12/10 and somewhere around 12/8 or so, I saw an adjustment with the date of 12/1 showing 1000 bonus CQP for when I added an authorized user on my account(Promo from 9/1-10/31)...but that wasn't there on 12/1...or 12/2...or 12/3 and so on. It posted later in December with a 12/1 date. So that is some hope that there will be  retroactive points deposited towards 2023. 

It's just really frustrating that the fine print detail indicates the CQP will post "prior to 12/30/2023" and they still haven't posted. The only thing I can think of for Southwest being accountable for this is if their process is to retroactively post points. Even so, they should state that in the fine print and indicate that points may be retroactively posted but will still count towards 2023.

Good luck everyone. Hope you all get Companion pass. I'll post another update either way when I find out if I get it or not.

Happy New Year!

yossel
Explorer C

I'm in the same boat, the bonus miles did not post at all. this is really frustrating. 

Littlekras
Explorer C

Did you ever get the points?  Im still waiting for an actual answer as to why they are not credited since it states that they will be by 12/31/23. 

Bluetz05
Explorer B

Mine were added. I tried calling but the customer service area wasn't the best help. I got more assistance and better answers by sending a message to southwest on X (Twitter). I made a long post earlier in the thread 🙂

Labflysw
Explorer C

UPDATE after calling… 

still no sign of the bonus points however the rep said the same thing “all the points accumulated in 2023 will still count for 2024 companion pass”

So even if I I did the 1-800 flowers orders today (per her suggestion) they might hit my account 8 weeks later but I would still get 2024 companion pass shortly after. 

She escalated my 10x points question to the rapid rewards team since per the terms the points should have hit yesterday (4 weeks after programs end). 

I’m washing my hands of it for now lol I’ll be sending an email if my husband doesn’t have status come mid January 2024. It’s not an easy task to gain 270,000 points and I want him to have his pass too.  

Labflysw
Explorer C

**Sorry I meant she escalated my 2x points question 🫨 getting loopy with this whole situation. I’ve been checking daily also and it’s a little unnerving. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you   earn the points in 2023, they will counttowards 2023 CP earning. The CSA told you correctly. SW says so too:

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

Labflysw
Explorer C

UPDATE: My husband received his status. 

Not from the 2x program. Our 12/27 rocket miles points hit and went retro. 

I’m showing 1/1 Credit which includes our anniversary points. 

Hope the 2x pts are still coming in…..

IMG_7029.png

Bluetz05
Explorer B

@Labflysw  That’s great! I’m happy your husband got status!

Still no update on my side from Southwest or Chase. I have hope for myself and those in my same situation all have retro points posted. Fingers crossed!