Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Question

Explorer C

I didn't receive any email, so I contacted customer service and they said I did qualify and it would show up in my account at the start of the promotional period.  I was told I could book flights and add the companion later when it shows up in my account.  No idea why they can't communicate better and no idea why the companion pass can't be added to your account so you can immediately add companions for flights booked during the promotional companion pass period.  Suppose the flights fill up?

Re: Companion Pass Promotion Question

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I believe they don't allow you to add a companion now because you would be able to book a companion on a flight anytime, not just during the promotion period. I don't think their systems are sophisticated enough to only let you add during that short window.  If you are worried about the flight filling up, use points to book a flight now for your companion then cancel that flight once you add them as a companion to your reservation.  (Or if flight is full, cancel first then add)  If you don't have points, you can book a fully refundable ticket now for the companion and refund it once you are able to add the companion to your reservation.  This of course does require you to float the cost until you are able to add the companion.