Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass

Irie
Explorer C

Hello I'm new to the community. I want to take advantage of the companion pass benefit before it resets on January 1, 2024. I currently have 102,789 points towards the 135,000. Can anybody tell me how much more I need to spend to accumulate the 32,221 points I need to unlock that CP benefit please. I have between now and December 31st to do so. We are not flying again this year to purchase flights. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

The answer to your question is dependent on which of the three Chase RR cards you have: Plus, Prioity or Premier.

Find some high RR point hotels. It'll be easier for you.

Irie
Explorer C

I have the plus

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Earn 2 points for every $1you spend on Southwest

Earn 2 points for every $1you spend on Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partners

Earn 2 points per $1spent on local transit and commuting, including rideshare

Earn 2 points per $1spent on internet, cable, and phone services; select streaming.

Earn 1 point for every $1you spend on everyday purchases.

Remember your statement must close and post to your account this year to count, so purchase made in Dec typically post in Jan and will be for the 2025 qualifying year not this year.  So make your purchases by close of your Nov statement;

As mentioned in the previous comment, you can book hotels through the SW hotel link and the have hotels you earn points for, sometimes quite a bit like 5K-10K.  These count toward companion pass and post a couple days after your stay is completed.  This is a great way to get extra points.  The deals seem to be better earlier in the year but there are still some out there.  

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

Check out the shopping and dining sites attached to Rapid Reward points, look under the earn points category. U can easily accumulate more points towards companion pass by simply shopping at your favorite stores or dining at favorite places. There are incentive bonuses to sign up. These points are on top of credit card points but be careful it may take 6-8 weeks to post. As someone mentioned consider a mini getaway using Southwest hotels but select the locations with bonus points. These points almost post immediately. Good Luck