Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expedited Companion Pass

Hrobbbs
Explorer C

I recently applied for a Southwest credit card and was approved last week. This came with the companion pass offer (spend $4k in 3 months). I understand that typically the pass is activated after the next statement. I have a ski trip planned in the next two weeks. Is there a way to expedite the companion pass so I am able to use it for my upcoming trip? Or is it possible to move up the statement date on a new card?

I am assuming if possible, it would require reaching out to Southwest/Chase. Has anyone heard of this?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Expedited Companion Pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

The only way I am aware of this being possible is if you would hit the spend requirement AND have a statement issued before your ski trip.

Hrobbbs
Explorer C

I will be able to hit the spend requirement. So I guess the question now is if the first statement can be moved up on a new card. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Hrobbbs wrote:

I will be able to hit the spend requirement. So I guess the question now is if the first statement can be moved up on a new card. 

You can change the date of the statement, contact Chase directly for that as Southwest doesn't have any input there. 

However they have been known to change it for the next one, once the current period is concluded. 

Call Chase and ask, but likely it will be a "no" - in the meantime book the CP ticket with points if you need to save that spot, so you can get it refunded if the CP comes through in time. (i.e. don't buy a placeholder WGA fare which will refund into travel credit.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Hrobbbs
Explorer C

Thank you. I figured it might not work, but worth a try. I bought both our tickets back in October with no plan to use CP. When the offer was announced last week we thought we might get lucky if there was a way to get the pass before our flights (Feb 24). 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Hrobbbs wrote:

Thank you. I figured it might not work, but worth a try. I bought both our tickets back in October with no plan to use CP. When the offer was announced last week we thought we might get lucky if there was a way to get the pass before our flights (Feb 24). 

If there's a week or so maybe! At least you are covered now with the tickets in-hand so you won't be scrambling the day of if it doesn't come through in time.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.