Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Visa Points

ghensing
Explorer C

Does anybody know if money spent in December will apply to 2017 A-List / Companion Pass status or toward January since thats when the billing cycle will complete?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards Visa Points

franktravel
Aviator B

What is your due date in Dec?  Mine is Dec 22nd and all the charges up to Dec 22nd will post to my RR account before Dec 31st and count  for Companion for 2017.  The charges after Dec 22nd will post a few days after my Jan 22nd due date in my RR account and will go towards Companion for 2018. 

cbeghein
Explorer C

I have a similar question. I paid off my southwest CC before the due date on purpose to get the points for a companion pass but the points have not been posted to my account yet and not sure they will at this point. It would be disappointing. 

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Points from your credit card are posted to your Rapid Rewards Account 5-7 days after the due date. The points you earn are transferred to your account regardless if you pay your credit card in full each month.   My due date was Dec 22nd and my points posted on the Dec 26th. 

Good luck! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I don't think that will work @cbeghein as the points are processed based on the statement dates, not when you make a payment.

In hindsight you could have called Chase and asked to move up the billing period ending date to mid-December, I don't know if you'll be able to do that now and have points process in time though since there may be a few days after the end of the period before points are posted.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.