Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards fraud

Abp818
Explorer C

I went to book a flight last week and my account was locked. I called customer service and in the verification process, they provided an email that was not mine—-apparently my account has been hacked and someone has potentially used my points. They asked me to send a copy of my id for verification. I did this 10 days ago and have only received updates that they are “working on it”. Meanwhile, my account is locked and I cannot book any flights. The fares keep increasing. I have called back asking for a timeline or someone in the fraud department I can speak with and the company is unable to offer that. As for now, I can’t access or use my account, can’t book tickets, and there’s no timeline or anyone I can talk to about the issue! This is beyond frustrating when I am trying to book a trip for 8/10. Any suggestions? I have already filed a complaint with the better business bureau.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid rewards fraud

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try reaching out on Twitter/Facebook DM to Southwest and maybe they can assist or you can send an email though the contact us link at the bottom of this page 

If you’re trying to book a flight with a credit card you can do that not logged in and add your RR number later on. If you are trying to use points unfortunately you would be stuck until they unlock your account 

Abp818
Explorer C

Thanks! I did reach out via Facebook and was told my account could be locked for 4-8 weeks. This is beyond frustrating when you are trying to use points and a companion pass (that I potentially will have 2 months of inability to use!)

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

It can't hurt to try another method like email or Twitter. They are sometimes different teams and can help in different ways too.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger